Possible to Install as a DE with Ubuntu 16.04?

Home Forum General Talks Help and Support Possible to Install as a DE with Ubuntu 16.04?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by coon coon 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ev
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hello all!

I just stumbled on this project and while I’m currently very happy with my Ubuntu-Mate 16.04 system, I would really like to know if it’s possible to install GoBang as a DE (like installing Cinnamon, JWM, etc).

If this is possible, could you walk me through the procedure?  I’m actually fairly new to linux and learning as much as I can as quickly as I can, so if there is a way, I will need to understand what to do step-by-step.

I know it’s possible to do this sort of thing since another #!-offshoot, Bunsen-Labs, gives some instructions on how to go about doing this on pure Debian systems (although I think their instructions are a little bit too complex for me at the moment.)

Anyone think they’d be willing to help me undertake this challenge?

Thanks in advance!   :yes:

~ Ev

coon
    coon
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 27

Hello
    thanks for your contribution!
    Yes it is possible, certainly it is easier to clean, ” without a graphical environment ” system.
    It can help to a script that automates the whole procedure.
    I do not have other environmental Than openbox and lxde, I do not know what they are interacting with others. Mate can be ok, do not use too much unity.
    I’m not home right now but if I come back, we can try ;)
    I greet and touch. :good:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.